Immediate opening for a Jr. Financial Analyst with an active Secret security clearance or higher.
The Jr. Financial Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor and track obligation and expenditure of funds, detect, reconcile and remedy fiscal discrepancies, and provide cost-effective, insightful reporting to decision makers.
- Assess products and procedures for compliance with government standards, accounting principles and multi-tiered system application standards.
- This position requires U.S. citizenship. Must have an active Secret security clearance, or higher.
- Must reside in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Minimum of five years of financial management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
- Must have at least one year experience in Financial Management/Accounting in a Federal Government environment.
- Possesses an understanding of the budget allocation, execution, and administration process.
- Must be cognizant of interrelationships between financial management requirements and automated solutions, considering the current system environment and the potential integration of added systems concurrently or later.
- Must be familiar with SABRS (The navy accounting system) and SMARTS (Reporting system)
- Must be familiar with activity-based costing, business case analysis, and outsourcing requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience tracking and providing recommendations for execution of the Navy financial systems such as the Navy Industrial Accounting and budgeting systems.
- Experience providing reconciliation for the unofficial undistributed disbursements (UUDs) and negative un-liquidated obligations with the Standard Accounting Reporting System (STARS) and/or other accounting systems.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects, as well as strong, follow through skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and with accuracy.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with Navy Subsistence-in-Kind (SIK) program.
- Experience processing SIK transactions using Standard Accounting and Reporting System-Field Level (STARS-FL).
This position will have an active role in the monthly reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and projections. Candidate serves as a member of a group of analysts who are working in concert to systematically integrate business, cost estimating and financial management processes to ensure the efficient stewardship of public funds. A successful candidate must exemplify high levels of professionalism, and resourcefulness; is motivated, flexible, self-reliant and must be a positive and productive team member.
Integrated Training Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.